Richard teaches these courses and is an Advanced Certified Partner with LexisNexis with more than 16 years experience implementing Time Matters for hundreds of firms. He has also developed the Here’s How Procedures, a step-by-step method for automating your firm.
The following sessions are two hours and presented online using Webinar software. The cost is $150 per attendee unless otherwise noted. Sessions may also include documentation of procedures at no extra cost.
Time Matters Newbie Training
This training course provides best practices for the new user of Time Matters. Learn quick and easy ways to navigate your lists, records and calendar. Get off to a great start tracking your deadlines and managing email overload. If you have been using Time Matters, but missed the basics, this class is also for you.
Richard teaches this course and is an Advanced Certified Partner with LexisNexis with more than 16 years experience implementing Time Matters for hundreds of firms.
- The course is presented online in a two-hour webinar session.
- The session is live, interactive and with Q & A.
- Training materials are provided.
- Courses are schedule throughout the year based on enrollment.
- The total cost is $100.00.
- Discounts are available for enrolling in additional courses, a group of attendees, and participation in our referral program.
- Contact us for enrollment, special pricing or questions.
- Introduction – get the Big Picture and learn what the software is really designed to do
- Navigation – simplify Windows-based navigation with tips and trick to make getting around easy
- Data entry and data linking – understand how best to use a relationship database
- Calendaring and deadline tracking – keep track of everyone and never miss a deadline
- Email – solve email overload and capture attachments and automate email messages with merge templates
Basic Setup & Configuration – Using the Here’s How Procedures
If you are just getting started or you are not sure you got it right the first time, this session is for you.
- Overview – Lists & Forms, Menu Bars and Toolbars
- Setup – Add New Users, Classification Codes and AutoEntry Organization
- List Navigation – QuickPic and single column search method
- Data Input – creating relationships is covered for the basic form types (Contact, Matter, Event & ToDo)
- Classification Codes and AutoEntries – creating action records in a relationship database is reduced to a simple 3-step process
Advanced Setup & Configuration – Automating Procedures
Building on the Basic Setup & Configuration session, we explore security setup, building advanced relationships, and the use of Triggers and Monitors.
- Security Setup
- User and Staff Group Setup
- Default User Level Settings
- Relationship Properties and Form Tabs
- Specified Relations – Multiple Relationships
- Force Procedures with Triggers (in a good way)
- Monitors – Contact & Matter Monitors (Triggers in advance)
Basic Document Management & Automation
Learn best practices for organizing and capturing documents. Build your first merge template and scan documents to your database.
- AutoName Setup
- Classification Code and AutoEntry Organization
- TM Save
- Merge Template Setup
- Master Document Markup
- Document Processing with AutoEntry
Intermediate Document Management & Automation
Building on Basic Document Management & Automation, we will explore procedures to create more complex documents. Use of advanced merge setups, the Formattable Clipboard and Report envelopes and labels will provide most of your merge needs.
- Use Linked Records and Pre-Merge in the Template setup
- Create user defined inputs with Fill-in
- Build on existing merge templates
- Formattable Clipboard basics
Advanced Document Management & Automation
Rounding out the first two document sessions, this course provides procedures for managing those final features that help you become a master.
- Research Library on your Document List
- Work with joint addressing
- Create a Master Caption pleading
- Support Record merges – Appointment confirmation
- Document Profiler – Capture existing documents into Time Matters
Calendaring and Interoffice Communication
The ability to delegate and notify staff within Time Matters is crucial to getting the most out of your software. This session shows you how to set up your Daily Calendar as a virtual workspace and communicate efficiently with your staff.
- Calendar setup and navigation
- Get the most out of the Event Form
- Delegation tools using the ToDo Form
- TM Messenger and the Embedded Message feature
- Alerts, Reminders & Watches – How they really work
Deadline Tracking – Redundant Tracking of Future Dates
Every step is covered from simple reminders to the important “can’t miss” docketing and statutes.
- Setup of Deadline Forms
- Create Timetables
- Use supporting records as ticklers
- Form Tab setup for important dates
- Event and ToDo lookups for redundant tracking of dates
- The Quick Tab as a tracking tool
- Alerts, Reminders & Watches
Email – Managing the Time Matters Inbox and Email Form
Introducing Time Matters Email to your firm starts with an understanding of the Email Form and your Time Matters Inbox. It is an amazing tool for dealing with large numbers of Email related to your Contacts and Matters. It is a different paradigm from Outlook and other standalone programs and requires the management procedures provided in this session.
- Email Form – An Email and Time Matters record all in one
- Time Matters Inbox – the one touch method of Email management
- Attachments and TM Save – move Email communications into your database as Document Records
- Manage Email from your Email List
Administrator Training – Managing Users and Data
If you are the in-house Time Matters administrator (the person everyone bugs when they don’t know how to do something), then this is your session. You probably have taken on this role in addition to your fulltime responsibilities and need some help. We explore time-saving tips for managing both the database and your staff.
- Backup and maintenance
- Audit user input
- On-line office administration procedures
- Setup navigation and features
- Easy security setup
- Office administration communication
Basic Setup for Billing
If you are just getting started or messed it up the first time around, this session is for you. It’s all in the setup. Get off to a quick start with your Bill Layouts, Profiles, Rates, Preferences & Items.
- Overview of the Billing Layout, Bill Profile and Billing Preference trilogy
- Create Billing Items
- Add Transactions
- Create Bills
- Must-have Reports